Blog Archive

Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Life…


My Life...
Christine Gabuya Brown
magnify


All this time I thought I didn't have a life of my own.  I thought my life was boring. I was so wrong!  I have a wonderful life!

My wonderful husband, Cory, adores me unconditionally.  

He is the solid, yet easy-going foundation of our busy family.
He is supportive of all my endeavors, which I couldn't do without him. I have two beautiful children, Scott and Sarah, who I love more than anything.  My parents, brother, sister and their families love me and are very proud of my accomplishments.  I also have many loyal friends.

I was a stay-at-home mom for almost seven years, until Sarah went to school.  I was so lucky to have the chance to spend all that quality time with my children while they were growing up.  I miss those times.  I'll always cherish the memories of them running to me to kiss their boo boos.... reading books to Sarah before bedtime, and rubbing Scott's back until he fell asleep. 

The moment they got up in the morning, both of them would reach for their backpacks to do some painting, drawing and coloring. Sarah loved to sing and recite the alphabet while having a bubble bath. Then we would get them ready for swimming lessons, dance class, baseball practice, bowling.... 
It's hard to believe those were the days when life was simple.
 


When Sarah was in kindergarten I started my own daycare business, and then in 2004, I incorporated the business to include pre-school. Last year, my whole family started a new business - Melrose Home Health Care Services, Inc.  (Melrose from Milagros, which is my Mama's name.)
 

Now my "new baby" project is the "Filipino-American Magtinabangay Foundation, Inc. - FAMFI, which is really exciting for me.  I really enjoy helping the Filipino orphans and less privileged families.  My plan is to go to the Philippines twice a year for the next few years until the foundation is stable. 


My heart problem last December was a blessing in disguise because it made me realize I have a wonderful life!  It made me examine my relationship with my husband and children. 


My relationship with my family is now closer than ever.  I found out that I have true and loyal friends.  I have learned not to waste time and to show everyone how much I love and care for them. To forgive and forget is very important because life is too short.




An angel wrote:
 


Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
 






No comments: