Blog Archive

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Maria Christine Sacay Gabuya-Brown

Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Filipino-American Magtinabangay Foundation, Inc.
FAMFI

I have considered my life to be blessed. I have a strong foundation of spirituality. I am surrounded by people I love & by people who loves me. I make a living doing what I thoroughly enjoy. I am so fortunate & I feel a need to give something back to society.

My husband and I, along with the help of our families, operate a day care and pre-school business from our home. We know how important it is for a child to start life healthy. The way a child develops physically, mentally and socially determines the rest of that child's life.

Although I've been living in the US for 20 years, I grew up in Cebu City, in the Philippines. I still have many friends & family in Cebu that I stay in contact with. I am very aware of the ongoing poverty & hardship the children there have to endure. People in the US know that other countries are not as wealthy as they are. However, unless people have actually been to other countries to see the poverty first hand, they don't understand the severity of it.

My goal is to take a proactive stance in making people aware of the tremendous need to improve the lives of these unfortunate Filipino children. I need to enlist the support of others in the US. Therefore, I have created a non-profit Charity foundation called Filipino-American Magtinabangay Foundation, Inc. dba FAM Foundation, Inc. The children are our future. By improving their lives, we improve the whole world.

"It is easy to ignore things we don't actually see. We get wrapped up in our busy lives and focus only on our immediate family & surroundings. We need to remember that our big, beautiful world isn't big at all. Thinking on a more global level, we are all God's children, and it is our responsibility to help each other."

"I finally know the feeling of real joy!!! Helping people and doing it without expecting anything in return is very rewarding- what a wonderful feeling!!!"

"I dedicate my missionary work to God because without Him I am nothing, to my parents Papa Alfie-my strenght and anchor, Mama Mila - my model and best friend in the whole world, to my children Scott & Sarah - my life, pride & joy, to my borther Alfie jr., sister Gamy & their families - whose always there when I needed them, my in-laws, Dad Gerry, Mom Connie & Tom whose always been supportive to us and the last but not the least my husband Cory - the love of my life."

1 comment:

Mxtine Gabuya Brown said...

Blogger pogiboo said...

Every person has a destiny. Every person has a call. Wether or not it is heard or found is the standing question. You have found your passion and have sparked what is sure to be global blessing. Each person has the ability to either do great things or live in mediocrity. You have chosen to live in the realm of great things. You are a pebble that is dropped in a pool of water, as the ripples go out they extend and eventually become what is known as a great body of power. I look forward to making waves with you. For love of the children.

March 6, 2008 11:27 AM